Our exclusive Gym-Jitsu program is for children 3-5 yrs and is designed to:
• Teach the basic movement patterns of the human body and the foundational components of physical fitness.
• Teach the fundamentals of Jiu-Jitsu and gymnastics in an attention grabbing, enjoyable way that teaches kids that exercise is fun.
• Start kids on the path of exercise and physical fitness that they can use in other sports and activities throughout their life.
• Teach children stranger safety/anti-bullying skills in an easy to understand manner that they can easily grasp.
Why have your child take part in gym-jitsu?
• It’s fun
• Develops strength
• Develops flexibility
• Develops coordination
• Teaches listening skills
• Gains self-esteem and confidence
• Provides social interaction with peers
• Teaches goal setting
• Develops cognitive abilities to help in the classroom
• Develops skills to enhance other sports
Gymnastics and jiu-jitsu are amazing developmental sports that have a profound impact on a child’s whole well-being. They benefit your child physically, academically and socially. Gym-Jitsu provides the proper athletic foundations for all sporting endeavors. It helps increase flexibility, strength, speed, agility, coordination and balance. Also being physically active in Gym-Jitsu may prevent obesity, some types of cancer, and helps blood pressure and bone density. Active children tend to grow up to become active and healthy teens and adults.
Gym-Jitsu has many other benefits that may not be as obvious as the physical ones. It can help your child outside of the gym too! Since gymnastics and jiu-jitsu are developmental sports they builds skills through progression of steps. This helps improve your child’s concentration which can help them with problem solving, math and reading in school. Gym-Jitsu requires children to not only use both side of their brain separately, but it also requires both sides to work at the same time together! This is very beneficial for your child.
Gym-Jitsu also helps enhance children’s social skills. During a class children will observe, practice waiting their turn, follow directions, respect other and listen. All of these skills are very important for a child to practice to enhance their social skills. As a child achieves skills and is encouraged by their coach they increase their self esteem, gain a sense of control over their body’s movements which increases healthy self empowerment and body awareness.
Children of all ages can reap the benefits from gymnastics and jiu-jitsu. Now is the time to enroll your child so they can experience all the benefits Gym-Jitsu has to offer. The best part of Gym-Jitsu is that your child will be having so much fun they won’t even realize how much they are learning in the process!